Thursday, May 7, 2009

IMHO...Random Thoughts on Random Issues

OCTO-MOM

For Pete's sake...leave the woman alone! Yes, she was dumb to have so many kids. Yes, she was even dumber to have gotten preggers by way of fertility doctor/clinic. And, yes, she was even dumberer to have so many kiddos while unemployed and relying on government aid. HOWEVER, the damage has already been done. She made her choices, she had her kids. Name calling, finger pointing, and the like do no good here. Neither do picketing in front of her home or clamoring for the authorities to take her children away. Taking her children away will not only separate them from their siblings and cause them emotional trauma, but it will also cost the state money to pay for their foster care anyway. So really, is it so bad that these children are allowed to stay with their mother (who obviously loves them despite her questionable emotional stability) and their siblings? Any speculation about her ability to properly take care of her children is just that...speculation. You can bet that after all of the press she has received she has been thoroughly investigated by the authorities, and yet, her children remain in her care. Doesn't that tell you something? How about we all just stop picking on those whose lifestyle choices and family dynamics differ from our own, and focus instead on improving our own lifestyles, our own families, and reaching out to authorities to help those children who are truly being abused by their parents/guardians.

SWINE FLU

I watched the NYC press conference, I've been reading the newspaper, I've been watching the news, and I've been beefing up on my internet research here. My take...the swine flu is being blown out of proportion in a big way. Just another chance for the big-wigs in the pharmaceutical companies to use scare tactics to sell more vaccinations. Don't be fooled...get educated. Read the newspaper, watch the news, get various opinions from multiple sources. Hell, get your ass to the library and read medical journals. Educate yourself rather than fall for propaganda.

KATE PLUS 8 AND THE GREAT CHEATING SCANDAL

When that show first aired oh so many seasons ago, my Hubs commented on how miserable Jon looked. I have to admit...I didn't see it. Sure I saw an overbearing, uptight, and rude wife in Kate, but I figured she was always like that and maybe Jon was one of those guys who liked to be bossed around. Apparently not. Though I do not agree with Kate's blatant disrespect for her husband (with her embarrassing and very public verbal flogging), but, I also don't agree with Jon's cheating. He's right to want out of that relationship...Kate's a bitch, plain and simple. BUT, he went about it the wrong way. Don't flaunt your mistress...file for DIVORCE. His kids are going to see these tabloid pics someday and because of this, I feel terrible for them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, so, I totally had more to say, but my baby is crying and so I'm off to feed her. It's been so long since I've blogged that it's going to take me a few posts to get back in the saddle. Forgive my rambling thoughts for the time being as I try to steer my brain back onto the pavement so to speak. I've been off-roading on dirt roads for so long now that I can barely remember how to eek out a coherent sentence. Ta-ta for now.

10 comments:

Immoral Matriarch said...

I miss you dearly.
That is all.

Sarah said...

SO awesome to have you back. Sarah xo.

Tara R. said...

It is great to see you again... and with comments! Welcome back.

OHmommy said...

Yeah!

Comments. You brat!!! Many congrats on the baby. Don't EVER turn off comments. Even if you feel "bad" for never commenting elsewhere.

Promise?

Kori said...

So glad to hear from you. Baby Luna is gorgeous, and I hope things continue to go well. Octomom: has it occurred to anyone besides me that the Duggar/Duggan/whoever the hell they are gets a show on discovery for popping out a shitload of kids, but the octomom gets labeled as a lunatic? What is the difference besides one being a married couple and the other being a single mom? Just throwing that one out there. Glad glad glad you are back!

April said...

Oh, how I've missed you! And I couldn't agree with you more. On everything...although I admit, I don't know too much about the whole Jon and Kate thing.

April said...

And happy Mother's Day to you!

Kim said...

It is about dang time..

Cannot wait to see how things are going for you..

Kim
formly of JoggingInCircles..but it now at KimPacePhotographyBlog..

:)

angel said...

HUGE congratulations on baby Luna's arrival!!

Dr. Dale Archer said...

Great thoughts about all of these topics. Octomom is crazy, Jon should've left if he felt that way and swine flu is exactly what you said, scare tactics and paranoia powered by the media.